Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) from SAP provides processes, tools, best practices, and services to manage SAP and non-SAP solutions throughout the complete application lifecycle.
Managing the application lifecycle covers multiple phases:
- Requirements – Collect business demand regarding new or changed business processes
- Design – Convert requirements into detailed specifications
- Build & Test – Configure the applications and check if they match the requirements
- Deploy – Transfer changes from a test environment into the live business
- Operate – Provide services required for ongoing operations
- Optimize – Analyze service-level fulfillment and perform any activities required to improve results
It is a long tradition at SAP to support customers in executing these tasks. As part of the support engagement, SAP provides tools, methodologies, and best practices that help to achieve faster time-to-market, to avoid business disruptions, to increase efficiency of IT operations, and to provide transparency of the entire IT landscape.