Simple Diagnostics Agent Troubleshooting
Unknown Operation DownloadSimpleDA
- Issue: After setting up the SHA, adding the DownloadSimpleDA operation, and triggering the Outside Discovery, the SDA Installation fails with errors like "Unknown Operation DownloadSimpleDA"
- Solution: Check the access rights and ownerships of the operation and its directory to look like that:
# ls -la /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/operations.d total 24
drwxr-x--- 2 root sapsys 4096 May 24 16:30 .
drwxr-x--- 7 root sapsys 4096 May 24 16:30 ..
-rw------- 1 root root 1286 May 24 15:06 DownloadSimpleDA.conf
If it is not like this, change it accordingly and restart the Host Agent:
Failed to start /usr/sap/..../SimpleDA.lmsldesc
- Issue: File /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/descriptors.d/SimpleDA.lmsldesc is ignored by the SHA because permission rules are violated.
- Remove the file /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/descriptors.d/SimpleDA.lmsldesc
- Stop any SDA related OS processes
- Start the installation procedure again
Illegal Permissions on Master Password File
- Issue: Error message: http 500: Internal Server Error; The following error occurred in the Simple Diagnostics Agent: com.sap.solman.agent.core.error.SystemException illegal permissions on master password file
- Reason: File /usr/sap/hostctrl/SMDAgent/default/configuration/agent/#/master_password has wrong permissions. It seems that the OWNER_READ bit is not set for the master password file
- Ensure that /usr/sap/hostctrl/SMDAgent/default/configuration/agent/#/master_password has the correct permissions, e.g. -r-------- 1 sapadm sapsys 256 Nov 12 2017 master_password
- Restart the agent using the Agent Action "ping" in the Agent Administration UI
Configuration of the SDA HTTP Port: java.net.BindException: Address Already in Use
- Symptom: On the monitored host, the default Simple Diagnostics Agent HTTP inbound port '3005' might be occupied by another system process. If so, the Simple Diagnostics Agent cannot start and the SAP Host Agent returns the HTTP request with the response "HTTP 500"
- Issue: The SDA cannot be started because the reserved tcp port '3005' is already bound by another process
- Solution: The tcp port '3005' is usually reserved for the http port of the SDA. So, first try to switch the process that blocks the SDA to another port. If this is not possible, follow SAP Note 2549424 - Configure the Simple Diagnostics Agent's HTTP Port
Cannot Execute Java VM
- Issue: java.exe cannot be executed in the SDA installation directory (e.g. SMDAgent/default/sapjvm/bin/java -version)
- Reason: The msvcr100.dll is missing on the operation system
- Solution: Apply the SAP Note 1837221 - SAP JVM requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtime