SAProuter is a software application that provides a remote connection between our customer's network and SAP. This remote connection enables:
- secure unattended root cause analysis of incidents;
- secure delivery of SAP support services
SAProuter can be used with traditional SAP products as well as analytics solutions and offerings acquired from Sybase. For a comprehensive list of which SAP Business Analytics products benefits from SAProuter connections, see SAP Knowledge Base Article 1478974.
SAProuter controls access to your network on application level and is a useful enhancement to an existing firewall system (port filter).
SAProuter can be used to:
- improve network security, e.g.by using a password or by only allowing encrypted connections from known sources;
- control and log the connections to your SAP system
- set up an indirect connection when programs involved cannot communicate with each other due to the network configuration;
- increase performance and stability by reducing the SAP system workload within a local area network (LAN) when communicating with a wide area network (WAN).