SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search
SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles (KBA) are support documents which help you find answers to questions arising from your daily work with SAP products.
The SAP Solution Search enables you to find SAP Notes & KBAs, SAP Community Network (SCN) results, SAP SuccessFactors community results, and SAP Sybase Solved Cases. You can also search for software, incidents, systems, or users. Only relevant results are listed related to your role.
The Expert Search in the My SAP Notes & KBAs application lets you retrieve notes based on advanced selection criteria, and save these queries for future use. This is helpful if you carry out regular analyses of relevant information, e.g. identify notes regarding legal changes towards the end of your company's billing cycles.
FAQ's & Known Issues
- 80% of SAP Notes contain coding corrections
- Solve complex technical issues
- Most SAP Notes contain the description of the issue from a business perspective as well as the technical solution
- Implementation tool for the coding corrections is available to help customer to implement SAP Notes
- Translated into English, German and Japanese
SAP Knowledge Base Articles
- No coding corrections
- Incident-specific documents
- Instant publishing
- Enriched content (embedded screenshots)
- Rating features to provide feedback on the quality of a KBA
- Result list is pre-filtered by release date: The default setting for Release Date is 5 years, i.e. old SAP Notes or KBAs will not be listed (unless you change this filter setting).
- Role-specific search results: Please note that your assignment to a particular role affects
- the list of search repositories;
- the number of search results.
For instance, SAP SuccessFactors or SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud customers will not see SAP Notes that are only relevant for an SAP on-premise solution.
You can change your role assignment in your User Profile section of the launchpad.
- Open results in new windows: SAP Notes/KBAs that are found using the search tool can be opened in a new browser window using standard browser features, e.g. right-clicking the link in the result.
- Notes/KBAs not found via number: If you cannot find a particular SAP Note/KBA using its number as search criteria, most likely this note is one with limited availability. If you need access to such an SAP Note, please launch it directly using the URL https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/[note_number].
- Sorting the result list by date: This is possible using the icon to the right of the filters.
- Facets: More options to filter search result lists (e.g. by product) are currently being identified.
- Completeness of search repositories: Soon the search tool will retrieve results from further external sites, e.g. product documentation on the SAP Help Portal.
- "All-page": One page will display all relevant results, regardless of their repository, at a glance for easy consumption. A drop-down will allow pre-selection of a particular search repository before conducting a search.
- Integration of more object types: In the future, the search will find even more customer-specific results, e.g. installations.
- Best bets: For common queries, a hand-created list of most likely resources will be listed above the result list in the future.