Guided Procedure Authoring
Guided Procedure Browser
How to Access
Select the Guided Procedure Catalog tile from SAP Solution Manager launchpad.
How to Create a New Guided Procedure
Before you create a new guided procedure, select the required application area. For more details, see the Create Guided Procedures for different Application Areas page. In the Guided Procedure Browser, the Create button opens the Create Guided Procedure wizard, to define basic settings for the guided procedure, before you edit the content. You can either create a new guided procedure, or copy the content of an existing one and adapt it to your needs, with Copy From. The original guided procedure is not changed.
Guided Procedure Creation Wizard
- Specify a meaningful name and description for the GP.
- You can define an initial number of guided procedure steps, or keep the proposed value. The number of steps can be changed later.
- Specify an ABAP package for the step and activity help texts. If you don't want to transport the guided procedure, you can choose "Temporary Package", otherwise specify a customer-specific ABAP package with the right transport layer.
- Set "Guided Procedure for Production System" flag, if the guided procedure is to be transported to a production system. If the GP is for testing purposes on the local system, or will be imported into a test system manually, do not set the flag.
- Set the flag "Enforce Step Sequence", to ensure that the steps are performed in sequence at runtime.
The second step of the roadmap sets search attributes for the guided procedure (optional). You can leave the search attributes initially empty, and define them later if required. For more details about setting search attributes, see the Create Guided Procedures for different Application Areas page.