SAP Java Connector
The SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a development library that enables a Java application to communicate with SAP systems via SAP's RFC protocol. The SAP JCo supports both communication directions: inbound Remote Function Calls (Java calls ABAP) as well as outbound Remote Function Calls (ABAP calls Java).
Benefits of the SAP Java Connector for building SAP-enabled Java applications:
- High performance JNI-based RFC middleware.
- Supports R/3 3.1I and higher releases (and other SAP components that have BAPIs or RFMs).
- Supports inbound (Java client calls BAPI or RFM) and outbound (ABAP calls Java server) RFC communication.
- Supports synchronous, transactional, queued and background RFC (sRfc, tRfc, qRfc, bgRfc protocols).
- Supports classic RFC data serialization as well as xRfc, basXML and cbRfc (column based/fast serialization) formats.
- Supports RFC communication via classic CPIC and via WebSocket network protocol.
- Provides client connection pooling.
- Multi-platform support.
- Complete and correct code page handling (including Unicode and non-Unicode single- and multi-byte code pages).
In case of problems with the SAP Java Connector, create a support case under component BC-MID-CON-JCO.