IT Calendar and Work Mode Management
You can use the IT Calendar in SAP Focused Run to review planned events like work modes and Contractual Maintenance Periods for the managed components (services, systems and databases, instances and hosts) which are relevant for your daily work. From the IT Calendar you can also schedule work modes like planned downtimes or peak business hours.
- see detailed information on planned events by clicking on the event.
- switch between hours, day and months views.create work modes for the selected managed components.
- switch between a view that displays work modes on system or database level, instance level and host level.
- export events to spreadsheet.
- import work modes from a spreadsheet.
- personalize your display by adding custom pages.
How to open IT Calendar
- Open the Launchpad
- Select Service Level Management (Advanced System Management before SAP Focused Run 4.0)
- Select IT Calendar and Work Mode Management
The scope selector allows you to select the systems, databases hosts and external services that should be displayed in IT Calendar according to different criteria.
You can define a default variant that is executed automatically the next time you open IT Calendar as follows:
- Select "Select Variant"
- Select "Save as" to save your search criteria in the scope selector under a name
- Select "Set as Default" if the variant should be the default variant for the next time you open IT Calendar
- Select "Execute on select" if the variant should be executed automatically when you reopen IT Calendar
The IT Calendar supports different views.
- The "Complete View" is the view that opens by default. It shows the planned events per managed object in a separate line in the IT Calendar. It allows to identify easily which events are planned for the selected managed objects.
- If you would like to get an overview which events are planned in a certain time frame for a higher amount of managed objects, choose the "Condensed view".All events for the selected managed objects are shown together. This view provides no edit options.
- If you would like to get an overview over ongoing or upcoming events for your selected managed objects, choose the "Upcoming Events" page. It shows the currently active and planned events sorted by start date. It provides mass edit and mass delete options.
The Complete View provides the following features:
Via the settings button you can filter the event types to be displayed, choose in which time zone the events should be displayed and choose a holiday calendar to highlight the respective holidays in the IT Calendar.
System, instance and host display
You can choose whether to display events for systems and databases, instances or hosts .
- If you have selected "Display Technical Systems" you can see all events scheduled for the selected systems and databases (databases are also modeled as technical systems) and you can schedule new work modes for the selected technical system.
- If you have selected "Display Technical Instances" you can see all work modes scheduled for the instances of the selected systems and you can schedule new work modes for the selected instances .
- If you have selected "Display Hosts" you can see all work modes scheduled for the hosts of the selected systems and you can schedule new work modes for the selected hosts.
Time Granularity Switch and Time Navigation
You have the following options to change the time frame displayed in IT Calendar:
- The time granularity switch allows to switch between Hours, Days, Months, 1 Week, 1 Month view. The 1 Week view always renders a full week. It displays seven days on one screen. The start date is always the beginning of the week (depending on the locale). The 1 Month view shows an entire month. On desktop, the 1 Month view always displays an interval of 31 days. When the displayed month is shorter (28, 29, 30 days), days from the following month are displayed. They have a different visual state and serve as navigation to the following month.
- Click on "Today" to go back to the current date/moment.
- Click on the arrows to navigate to the next or previous interval.
- Select the date to navigate to another time period.
Show Event Details
Click on an event to display the event details. Depending on the event type you can open the event in the originating application, copy or delete the event.
Download and Upload of Events
You can download events into an excel file as follows:
- Select File → Download Events.
- Select the time frame and the event types.
- Select OK.
You can upload work modes from a csv file as explained further below.
The Upcoming Events View lists ongoing and upcoming events for the selected managed objects chronologically.
It provides the following features:
- Via the settings button you can filter the event types to be displayed, choose in which time zone the events should be displayed and choose a holiday calendar to highlight the respective holidays in the IT Calendar.
- You can choose whether to display events for systems and databases, instances or hosts .
- You can download events into an excel file and upload events from a csv file
- You can customize the displayed columns
- You can do a live search for specific events
- You can change the displayed time range. The default time range is today + 30 days.
- You can edit multiple work modes efficiently together:
- You can select several ongoing work modes and press the end now button This will end the work modes by changing the end time to now
- You can select several future work modes and delete them
- You can select several work modes and modify them together. For ongoing work modes you can modify the end time only. Fur future work modes you can modify all properties together.