SAP SuccessFactors SFAPI User
To collect data from SAP SuccessFactors for Business Process Monitoring or Exception Monitoring an endpoint needs to be created in SAP Cloud ALM.
To create this endpoint a user is needed in SAP SuccessFactors. It is recommended to create a dedicated user in SAP SuccessFactors (e.g. SFAPI) for this purpose instead of using a personal or an admin user.
Required User Settings
Disable Password Expiration
To avoid that the password for the user expires, please create a login exception for the SFAPI user.
- Go to Admin Center → Password & Login Policy Settings
- Click on "Set API Login Exceptions"
- Click the "Add" button
- Enter the username of the SFAPI user
- Set the parameter 'Maximum password age(days)' = -1
- Enter the IP address of your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
- You can look for the IP range of your SAP Cloud ALM tenant here.
- You can also enter the range 18.104.22.168-255.255.255.255 to cover any possible IP address.
For more information refer to SAP Note 2161909 - How to enable SFAPI in SuccessFactors