Innovation Commitment for SAP S/4HANA until 2040
Clarity and Choice on SAP Business Suite 7
On February 4, 2020, SAP has announced an innovation commitment for SAP S/4HANA until the end of 2040. This means that until 2040, there will always be at least one release of SAP S/4HANA in maintenance.
At the same time, SAP will provide mainstream maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 core applications until end of 2027. This offboarding phase will be followed by optional extended maintenance until end of 2030.
SAP will provide mainstream maintenance until end of 2027 for SAP Business Suite 7 core applications, which are also core applications of SAP Business All-in-One, including the latest three enhancement packages of:
- SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP Customer Relationship Management 7.0
- SAP Supply Chain Management 7.0
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0 applications
- SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA
Following mainstream maintenance, SAP will offer customers choice on maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 core applications from 2028 onwards:
- Customer needing support for their Business Suite 7 core applications in longer conversion phases to SAP S/4HANA can choose the extended maintenance offering. This comes with a premium of two percent points on the maintenance basis for all support offerings for the scope of SAP Business Suite 7. It will be available for three years from beginning of 2028 until end of 2030.
- Customers who do not opt for the extended maintenance, or where extended maintenance has ended, will receive customer specific maintenance for their SAP Business Suite 7 applications.
Additional context can be found in the related press release as well as in the SAP News interview with Michael Kleinemeier, former member of the Executive Board, and Thomas Saueressig member of the Executive Board, SAP Product Engineering, about the long-term maintenance commitments for SAP S/4HANA and SAP Business Suite 7.
For more information on SAP's release and maintenance strategy, visit the dedicated pages on the SAP Support Portal:
SAP Note 2881788: End of SAP Business Suite 7 mainstream maintenance (log-in required)
SAP Note 1648480: Maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 software including SAP NetWeaver (log-in required)
SAP Note 52505: Support after end of mainstream maintenance or extended maintenance (log-in required)