SAP HANA Monitoring
The SAP HANA Operations page provides relevant information, from how to connect SAP HANA database to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (including technical configuration on the HANA side and Managed System Configuration on the SAP Solution Manager side), up to setup and usage of Application Operations scenarios (which SAP Solution Manager offers for operating SAP HANA, such as System Monitoring, Root Cause Analysis, Guided Procedures and SAP EarlyWatch Alert).
- Monitoring for HANA with standalone statisticsserver: Since HANA SPS9, no new HANA metrics are provided for standalone statisticsserver.
- Monitoring for HANA with embedded statisticsserver: As of HANA Rev 96, embedded statisticsserver is default for all SAP HANA systems.
- Advanced Monitoring Metrics in Solution Manager (Solution Manager only metrics): Provides future HANA metrics for older HANA revisions.
- Replication scenario in monitoring UI: Replication metrics can also be used w/o the new UI.
- E2E Workload/Change/Exception Analysis: Additional content with newer Solution Manager SPs.
- E2E Trace: HANA >= SP6, Clients versions (ABAP >= 7.40, BI >= 4.2, Lumira desktop >= 1.0.7).
- EarlyWatch Alert: ST-PI 2008_1_7xx SP 10 or ST-PI 740 on ABAP (for ABAP on HANA) or on SolMan (for standalone HANA).
- SLT Monitoring: DMIS 2010 >= SP6 or 2011 >= SP1, see SAP Note 2081759.
- HANA tenant DB monitoring: SP>=SP5.
The data for most of the HANA metrics is collected via the DBA Connection between SAP HANA and SAP Solution Manager. This connection is created during the managed system setup of the SAP HANA database.
The metrics for the OS level templates are collected by the SAP Hostagent and delivered by the SAP Diagnostics Agent.