Tips, Known Issues and Limitations
It’s important to us at SAP to ensure that we provide customers with the status of our support tools, especially as we transition to only using launchpad applications. Before submitting your comments or suggestions for the launchpad or its applications – either as an incident or feedback – please review the list of tips, known issues, and temporary limitations:
- Legacy applications: Some applications, such as Remote Connections, are still in development. While we put the finishing touches on the new SAP Fiori-based versions, the tiles on the launchpad point to the legacy applications.
- Repeated logon prompts: As long as some tiles on the launchpad still point to legacy applications, you may be asked for your S-user ID and password multiple times. For the time being, we recommend that you install a browser certificate (SAP Passport).
- Missing icons: Are you using the launchpad or one of its applications, and all icons (e.g. the common 3-bar icon or the "Home" icon in the upper-left corner) are missing in the user interface? Make sure that font download is enabled in your browser: In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > button Custom Level... Now scroll about 40% down to Downloads > Font download and set this to Enable.
- Timeout Frequency: If you leave the Launchpad window untouched for 2 hours, you will notice a warning informing you that you will be logged out soon. Another 10 minutes after that, if you have not registered any activity, you will be logged out. Logging back in, however, is a one-click process. You will be returned to the screen you were on.
- Drag and drop: Drag and drop of tiles and groups of tiles is currently not supported.
- Definition of own groups: Groups of tiles are currently defined by role. The definition of user-specific tile groups is currently not supported.
- Link to Chinese website: In the bottom-right corner of the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, there is Chinese text and a link to www.miibeian.gov.cn.
This is a requirement. The link indicates that the SAP ONE Support Launchpad is registered with Chinese telecommunications authorities and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
- Result list is pre-filtered by release date: The default setting for Release Date is 5 years, i.e. old SAP Notes or KBAs will not be listed (unless you change this filter setting).
- Role-specific search results: Please note that your assignment to a particular role affects
- the list of search repositories;
- the number of search results.
For instance, SAP SuccessFactors or SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud customers will not see SAP Notes that are only relevant for an SAP on-premise solution.
You can change your role assignment in your User Profile section of the launchpad.
- Open results in new windows: SAP Notes/KBAs that are found using the search tool can be opened in a new browser window using standard browser features, e.g. right-clicking the link in the result.
- Notes/KBAs not found via number: If you cannot find a particular SAP Note/KBA using its number as search criteria, most likely this note is one with limited availability. If you need access to such an SAP Note, please launch it directly using the URL https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/[note_number].
- Sorting the result list by date: This is possible using the icon to the right of the filters.
- Facets: More options to filter search result lists (e.g. by product) are currently being identified.
- Completeness of search repositories: Soon the search tool will retrieve results from further external sites, e.g. product documentation on the SAP Help Portal.
- "All-page": One page will display all relevant results, regardless of their repository, at a glance for easy consumption. A drop-down will allow pre-selection of a particular search repository before conducting a search.
- Integration of more object types: In the future, the search will find even more customer-specific results.
- Best bets: For common queries, a hand-created list of most likely resources will be listed above the result list in the future.
- Access to SAP Notes with limited availability: If you need access to an SAP Note with limited availability, please launch it directly using the URL https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/[note_number].
- Formatting errors when saving as PDF: We have identified some formatting errors when an SAP Note/KBA is saved as a PDF file. A fix is currently being worked on, and will be delivered soon.
- Old on-premise incidents: Incidents reported with the legacy application can be found in the new incident inbox (where they will be opened using the old application they were created with).
Incidents reported using the new form will not show up in the legacy inbox, which will soon be retired.
- Incidents closed prior to January 1st, 2014: These can only be accessed using the old incident search capabilities.
- Notification via text (SMS) is not supported.
- Email notification is mandatory.
- Ramp-up: Incidents cannot be marked as Ramp-up Incidents.
- Viewing an incident in a new tab/window: We are aware that some customers would like to view an incident in a new tab. We are currently investigating this feature request.
- Changed Password Policy: User administrator can no longer change passwords for their company's S-users as this ID is now used in a variety of websites, not only in the SAP Support Portal.
- If they forgot their logon details, users can retrieve and reset their own passwords.
- If a user leaves the company, the user administrator is advised to delete the ID.
- Completeness of various functions:
- Authorization group concept;
- Maintain authorization profile for multiple users;
- Reactivating deleted users not possible: Contact your SAP Local Support Center or report an incident under component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR if you accidentally deleted a user ID.
- Translation: At this stage, some languages are still missing
- Completeness: The license summary does not include details on Analytic Solutions bundles.
- Completeness of various functions:
- Overview of system reports
- Hierarchical view of the full system landscape: Though not integrated into the new System Data application, this feature is available via a separate Landscape tile in the launchpad.