SAP ILM Store Channel
SAP Information Lifecycle Management (SAP ILM) enhances the SAP standard delivery with the ability to manage the lifecycle of live and archived data based on rules. SAP ILM uses ILM-specific, enhanced data archiving functions.
- Lifecycle Management of data with the following Retention Management functions:
- Defining ILM rules (for example, retention rules) for the purpose of mapping legal requirements and their application to live and archived data.
- Putting legal holds on data that is relevant for legal cases in order to prevent early destruction.
- Destroying data while taking legal requirements and legal holds into account.
- Storage of archived data on an ILM-certified WebDAV server (to guarantee non-changeability of the data and to protect it from premature destruction).